Thursday 5 November 2009

if you're looking for a good film.

I thought I'd take the opportunity to share with you today my very favourite films. That is all.


Quadrophenia
"We are, we are we are the mods."
A gritty insight into London in the swinging 60's and the street fights between the Mods and the Rockers. My dad was a Mod (he had a scooter and everything hah) who used to participate frequently back in the day and has informed me that the film is very real to how it was.



Withnail and I
"We want the finest wines available to humanity. And we want them here, and we want them now!"
 Join two out of work actors as they tire of life in their grubby, drug den, Camden flat and decide to spend the weekend in the countryside. Depicts the sad, sad end of the 60's. Probably the best film you will ever see.



The Lost Boys
"One thing about living in Santa Carla I never could stomach, all the damn vampires."
Seriously hot, sexy, teenage Vampire boys. I love it so much I named my band after it.


Factory Girl
"To me, New York was Jackson Pollock sippingvodka and dripping paint onto a raw canvas."
Another glimpse into the 60's, im a little obsessed with that era you see, however this is the 60's over the pond in the U. S. of A. It revolves around the Warhol art scene and The Factory. A film about the tragedy of too much sex, drugs and rock n roll.



The Blues Brothers
"We're on a mission from God"
Two blues musician brothers set out on a mission to save the nun's orphanage where they grew up by putting on a sell out blues gig with their old band. Starring John Belushi and Dan Ackroyd aswell as James Brown (!) Ray Charles (!) Aretha Franklin (!) Booker T and The MG's (!) Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia herself!) John Candy (!) TWIGGY!! Steven Spielberg (!) It's increds.



The Labryinth
"Everything I've done, I've done for you. I move the stars for no one."
DAVID BOWIE STARS AS A GOBLIN KING. Reason enough to watch it in my opinion.